the best and worst of a day in retail

Friday, December 8, 2006

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

So, I guess the cold brings out the inner Santa. We did almost twice the volume of business today as this day last year. Everyone is still in a good mood, but my math skills went on vacation early. I heart the adjust button on our credit card machine!
Raves for the Bush post-its from the Unemployed Philosophers Guild! Memo accomplished, indeed.
My favorite stocking-stuffer is the "Don't eat the yellow snow" lemon candies. King Dutch will be giving them to everyone he knows. If he knows you, try to act surprised.
So far, the season's been up and down. I think it will close more up than down.
Also, yay to Collier for their new Spirit kaleidoscopes. They retail under $50.00 and really do look like they cost five times that (on the inside). If you're not familiar with kaleidoscopes, I pity you. You can check out the Brewster Society for more information, but be warned, the community has a new agey-kind-of side.