the best and worst of a day in retail

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Be kind to me

I've only just noticed that I have but two, count 'em, 2 days off before the Big Day (Christmas). Oh my. In the spirit of a good shopgirl, I will try to stay cheerful and helpful and presentable. That may require buckets of gin. Also, my feet hurt and it's only the sixth. (Shopgirlove turned forty this year. Yes, I know this is my power decade, but everything hurts and I can't read the little "made in china" signs.) On the other hand, the Joiettes (my fellow shopgirls and shopboy) are still in good cheer, so at least work's fun.

King Dutch would like to point out that he hasn't been on a good long walk since Thanksgiving. (Except for last night. Long story involving a bad date that we won't go into. Hockeyboy needs to step up. Enough of that. Shopgirlove shouldn't have to walk twenty blocks in heels in the freezing cold. O.k. done.)

Favorite item this year? Hmmmm.........It's either the ABC cookie cutters from Fred or the Cubisto 3-D framing system from BasicFun. Both items can be found at the best gift store anywhere: Joie de Vivre. If you can't find a present for someone here, you should probably drop them.

Well, that's that. I'm off to audition for a balkan singing group. Break a leg Shopgirlove!