the best and worst of a day in retail

Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm bored

Not working sucks! King Dutch is sick, so I probably would have had to stay home anyway, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Shopgirlove finally got her derriere in gear and wrote a letter to a Marine unit in Iraq. King Dutch actually picked them. They're three dogs named, Gordon, Cisco, and Cross. Oh and their handlers, LCpl. Isaac, Cpl. Wright, and Sgt. Lemmon. I hope we make a difference. Every Veteran I've ever met said that letters were one of the bright parts of an otherwise difficult time. I remember sending notes and drawings to the soldiers Vietnam. It's a nice way to show support and ridiculously easy!
Once I have a paycheck again, I'll be able to send goodies. Most of the service men and woman seem to be hungry and cold. And bored.
O.k. got my perspective back!

No comments: