the best and worst of a day in retail

Friday, January 5, 2007

A veddy exclusive club

Welcome to the ranks, Em! Recently unemployed and absolutely without a clue! You go , girl! If I were there, I'd buy you a drink (or ten). At least the company is good. We could always start a racket in stolen toilettes. But, ewwwwwww!
So. I applied for a job today--online. Shopgirlove is old school. You find a job through someone you know, you walk in and apply, or someone finds you. You don't take a personality test with your computer. You don't address your work and volunteer history in short sentences that fit within fields on forms in frames. Except, apparently, you do. The worst part was the personality test. Shopgirlove answered a question about risk-taking that seems to have set off a red flag for the powers that be. Joining a Bulgarian chorus seems risky to me. Risky to them seems to imply drinking a fifth of scotch and jumping out of a plane. Oh well, perhaps I'm not suited to one of the country's top 50 employers. Their loss, say I!

No comments: