the best and worst of a day in retail

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Up(date)

Shopgirlove's Editor at her home away from home wanted details about her date. Being a complete sycophant and having gotten permission from the date in question, I will strive to oblige...


So, we met at a bar. During a storm. I was with a very good friend catching up on old times. Then I realized that my car was snowed in. Since King dutch had destroyed my ice scraper, I turned to the guy next to me to ask if I could borrow his. Ommigawd! The eyes on this man! (Shopgirlove kinda has a thing for Asian men--bonus if they're Indian!) Oh my! So he said yes. And then explained that his scraper had lost its scraper, rendering it a useless wooden stick. Also, he had to go drive his friend to the airport. But he came back. And gave shopgirlove and her friend a lift. And was mortified when Shopgirlove fell in the snow. And texted her for two weks solid proving that he wasn't just looking for a f@*k buddy! And then took her out and rocked her world...Also, he proposed marriage during a lull in conversation at the bar. All in all, a very nice start.

No comments: