the best and worst of a day in retail

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Dr. said

Mam's "a ticket". She walked out, no wheel chair. Total rock star! She's all set with chicken soup and a good book.


Shopgirlove's customer interaction of the day:

Customer: Can I see those birds?

Shopgirlove: Absolutely! (Taking down and demonstrating bird action--not without a certain amount of finesse.)

C.: Mine doesn't do that.

S.: (Unsure whether or not this is a good thing.) Is this the bird you have?

C.: No, mine doesn't do that.

S.: But each one is different. Which one do you have? They're light-sensitive so it may behave differently in here than in your home.

C.: Why would it do that?

S.: Because the light's different?

After much more of the above, we establish that she owned the previous generation which behaved totally differently.

C.: What's that one?

S.: A Japanese Tit. (Hah hah, I said tit!)

C.: What is it?

S.: (Really ready to close the sale and move on.) A Japanese tit.

C.: I think I'll take that one.

S.: (Coming from the stockroom with box in hand.) There's some great information about each bird on the back of the box!

C.: What kind of bird is this?

S.: It's a Japanese Tit...

C.: I haven't seen one around here, are they local?

S.: Umm. They're Japanese?

C.: Can you spot them around here?

S.: Well, no. They're from Japan?

C.: Give me the Goldfinch then.

S.: Can I wrap that for you?

C.: No, but I thought I saw a postcard of the Eiffel Tower that was from the daytime?

S.: Right this way!


2 comments:

Em'ly said...

oh i've had that interaction, and i stifled the giggle with the japanese tit (he he)

for the record, you're far to wise about the boy advice. Stupid boys. They should be kicked

Opti said...

I said tit!